BenevolentAI, founded in 2013, creates and applies AI technologies to transform the way medicines are discovered and developed. BenevolentAI seeks to improve patient’s lives by applying technology designed to generate better data decision making and in doing so lower drug development costs, decrease failure rates and increase the speed at which medicines are generated. The company has developed the Benevolent Platform™ - a discovery platform used by BenevolentAI scientists to find new ways to treat disease and personalise drugs to patients.
BenevolentAI is HQ’d in London with a research facility in Cambridge (UK) and further offices in New York and Antwerp. BenevolentAI has active R&D drug programmes from discovery to PhaseIIb in disease areas such as ALS, Parkinson’s, Ulcerative Colitis and Sarcopenia.
The Software Engineer will be a core team member developing our platform, and the scalable infrastructure behind our natural language processing technology. You will be spending your time coming up with the best ways of storing processing and representing our data. The infrastructure will be a mixture of local development servers and cloud.
We’re interested in Java, Python, Elastic Search, Influx, MongoDB, Neo4J, Spark, Kubernetes and Helm. You’ll be an integral part of our engineering team working closely with our site-reliability engineers, algorithm developers and product teams. There will be the opportunity for youto work across different technologies and be able to contribute to ever more sophisticated technologies and applications advancing machine-assisted scienceYou will be joining our Agile development teams, be an advocate of high-quality engineering and best-practice in production software.
We’re building technology that hasn’t been made before! You must be a strong communicator who can explain what is required to build and deliver great software products. You will be keen to work with the rest of the team and develop collaboratively.
You will promote test-driven-development and other Agile best-practices for ensuring the software is resilient enough for our scientists to rely on.
We’re looking for someone with...
- Expert programming skills in at least one of Python or Java. The ideal candidate will be proficient in both.
- A problem-solving mind set with an agnostic approach to languages and technology
- Minimum of two years software engineering experience in a commercial environment.
- Knowledge of relevant technologies and opinions on what to use. Technologies we’re interested in: Java, Python, Neo4J, ElasticSearch, Linux, Kubernetes, Helm, GKE, Argo, Docker, Terraform, AWS, EC2, Git, Dremio, VMWare, Saltstack, GitLab, MySQL, Hadoop, Spark, Nginx, Apollo, GraphQL, Apache
- A strong advocate of test driven development, automated testing and other practices for producing resilient software.
- Experience of Agile scrum, fast iterative environments, and version control.
- Any background in science or machine learning is always desirable.
Who are we?
We have assembled a diverse, exceptionally talented and spirited team to tackle the most pressing and challenging problems at the intersection of artificial intelligence and drug discovery. We bring our ideas and passion for new technology and medicine discover to life by questioning traditional scientific dogmas.
Our core values reflect who we are and how we work and they are so important to achieve our mission: Bring better medicine to patients faster.
Put patients first. Drive to delivery. Break boundaries. Own the solution.
Find out more