What’s our vision?
BenevolentAI harnesses artificial intelligence to accelerate scientific discovery by making sense of highly fragmented information to develop new medicines for hard to treat diseases, using AI as a force for good.
As an Accounts Assistant, you will perform a role critical to the everyday operations at BenevolentAI. Working in a tight-knit team of finance professionals, you will be a part of a wider BenevolentAI mission by providing accurate and timely financial information to stakeholders for decision making purposes and support the smooth running of many transactional processes within the business. This is a fantastic opportunity for a detail-oriented, enthusiastic candidate who thrives in a fast-paced environment. We offer a great opportunity to be a part of a fantastic team in a company that cares. You will also have the opportunity to develop your career in a highly challenging, but rewarding role.
What's your mission?
- Monitor the accounts email inbox and dealing with queries, whether directly or by delegation.
- Help ensure purchase orders are approved by the relevant parties and that all information is correct.
- Process supplier invoices in a timely manner ensuring the correct treatment of VAT at all times.
- Reconcile and process the company credit cards and bank accounts.
- Process payment runs for all suppliers.
- Process expense claims.
- Update cost analysis spreadsheets used across the finance department.
- Help answer queries from non-finance employees.
- Liaise with key stakeholders inside and outside the group.
What do you need to succeed?
- You already have solid previous experience in finance or accounts handling purchase ledger/sales ledger/cash reconciliations.
- You have a positive, can-do attitude and willingness to support ad hoc tasks where required.
- You are ideally AAT qualified.
- You are proficient with Excel.
- You are a strong communicator capable of handling a variety of stakeholders.
- Previous Netsuite experience would be an advantage.
BenevolentAI, founded in 2013, is an advanced technology company focused on accelerating the journey from data to medicines. It is the world’s only technology company with end-to-end capability from early discovery to late stage clinical development. The company is HQ’d in London with a research facility in Cambridge (UK) and further offices in New York and Belgium.
The ‘Benevolent Platform’ is a unique machine intelligence technology system built to mine new knowledge from vast quantities of biomedical data, propose treatments and design drugs to enable its world leading scientists to bring new treatments to patients faster.
We are working on applying tech to real problems, and see real outcomes and the fruits of our labour by working on a meaningful mission. We do our job ‘Because it matters’ and live by the philosophy that unconventional thinking together with purposeful technology can have an impact on humanity.
The working environment is agile and we work in cross functional teams. We encourage a culture of learning, developing and challenging the status quo to foster dynamic, entrepreneurial behaviours, innovation and a ‘fail fast’ mentality.
Alongside all of this we can offer excellent benefits (learn more at https://benevolent.ai/careers/), a global reach and the ability to work with the best talent in the industry.
Please be advised that we will hold and process your Personal Data for continuous recruitment purposes (this is irrespective of your success in this application or not) in line with vital regulatory requirements. Under GDPR/DPA2018, you have the right to be informed, access, restrict, correct or ask us to delete your Personal Data. More details available on our Privacy Notice (https://benevolent.ai/privacy/).