Product Manager - Unstructured Data
What's the role and how do you fit in?
BenevolentAI harnesses artificial intelligence to accelerate scientific discovery by making sense of highly fragmented information to develop new medicines for hard to treat diseases, using AI as a force for good.
Based on a year of strong growth, further validation of the core AI technologies and the recent acquisition of laboratory space, we are looking to expand our capabilities to support the company’s Drug Discovery activities. We are a fast-moving, user-centric company, working at the cutting edge of AI and scientific discovery.
We are keen to hear from Product Managers who are experienced in the development and delivery of ETL pipelines, the processing of large amounts of unstructured data, natural language processing and relationship extraction.
We are looking for Product Managers who are excellent communicators and have a proven track record of working in an agile environment and cross-functional teams. As a Product Manager at BenevolentAI, you will play a key role in managing our AI-driven products and processes, working with world-class engineers and scientists to understand data, derive technical and user requirements and translate them into valuable products. You will play a key role in the planning and refinement of sprints, managing cross-team and third-party dependencies within an agile development environment, and you will be responsible for managing the product backlog.
Our tools use the latest technologies to derive valuable information from unstructured data sources and as a Product Manager you will be working closely with engineering teams and machine learning experts to develop our products in that area. The ideal candidate will have detailed technical understanding and the ability to translate user requirements into actionable engineering tasks. Additionally, you are passionate about supporting research activities while ensuring that any improvements are made available to users as fast as possible.
What will you be accountable for?
As a Product Manager with a focus on unstructured data you:
- Play an instrumental role in managing our AI-driven products and processes that utilise unstructured data (e.g. scientific literature, patents)
- Identify and prioritise key features that drive both results and user adoption
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of software engineers, machine learning engineers and scientists and drive delivery
- Collaborate with members of the Drug Discovery, Machine Learning, Data Science, Engineering, UX and Product teams to deliver BenevolentAI corporate strategic goals
- Play a role in defining and implementing an effective product management process that can scale as the business continues to grow
- Utilise design thinking and user-centric approaches to product development
What do you need to succeed?
- Minimum BSc in a relevant field (e.g. engineering, computer science, bioinformatics, machine learning). Master’s or PhD preferred
- Previous Product Management experience in a commercial and agile environment – ideally some experience within a product-centric software company
- Deep technical understanding of ETL pipelines, natural language processing and its application to machine learning products is highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience managing the full life cycle of a product end-to-end
- Ability to prioritise, organise and communicate effectively across diverse teams
- Demonstrated leadership in defining scope, functionality, and refining specifications
- Programming skills in at least one programming language, preferably Python or Java
- Prior involvement or interest in AI, machine learning, bioinformatics, genomics, or biology. Experience with AI products and familiarity with the drug development process is a plus