Technical Product Manager
What's the role and how do you fit in?
BenevolentAI harnesses artificial intelligence to accelerate scientific discovery by making sense of highly fragmented information to develop new medicines for hard to treat diseases, using AI as a force for good. Valued at $2bn in 2018, we are the largest independent AI company in the world.
Based on a year of strong growth, further validation of the core AI technologies and the recent acquisition of laboratory space, we are looking to expand our capabilities to support the company’s Drug Discovery activities. We are a fast-moving, user-centric company, working at the cutting edge of AI and scientific discovery.
We are keen to hear from Technical Product Managers who are excellent communicators, have a technical background, experience with AI and drug discovery, and a proven track record of working in an agile environment and cross-functional teams.
As a Technical Product Manager at BenevolentAI, you will play a hands-on role in driving forward our AI-driven products and processes, working with world-class engineers and scientists to understand data, derive technical and user requirements and translate them into valuable products. You will play a key role in the planning and refinement of sprints, managing cross-team dependencies within an Agile development environment, and you will be responsible for managing the product backlog.
Our tools are mainly cloud-based and use the very latest visualization and machine learning tools and techniques. You will need a solid understanding of the technical aspects of our tools and of the scientific domain. The ideal candidate will be comfortable and familiar with handling high-dimensional biological and/or chemical data. You will work closely with systems biologists and bioinformaticians to analyse and interpret the data to derive biological insights and testable hypotheses.
What will you be accountable for?
- Play an instrumental role in driving forward our AI-driven products and processes, understanding which features drive both results and user adoption and ensure they are prioritized accordingly.
- Deep technical understanding of the product is required.
- Play a lead role in defining an effective product management process that can scale as the business continues to grow.
- Collaborate with members of the Drug Discovery, Machine Learning, Data Science, Engineering, UX and Product teams to deliver BenevolentAI corporate strategic goals.
- Utilize design thinking and user-centric approaches to product development.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do you need?
- Minimum B.Sc in a relevant field (e.g. biology, chemistry, engineering, computer science). Master’s or PhD preferred.
- Proficient programming skills in at least one programming language, preferably Python.
- Minimum of 2 years Product Management experience in a commercial and agile environment – ideally some experience within a product-centric software company.
- Prior involvement or interest in bioinformatics, genomics, or biology. Familiarity with the drug development process is a plus.
- Prior involvement or interest in AI and machine learning. Experience with AI products is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience managing the full life cycle of a product end-to-end.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and communicate effectively across diverse teams.
- Demonstrated leadership in defining scope, functionality, and refining specifications.
- Experience interfacing with developers and their code in Java/Python.
BenevolentAI, founded in 2013, is an advanced technology company focused on accelerating the journey from data to medicines. It is the world’s only technology company with end-to-end capability from early discovery to late stage clinical development. The company is HQ’d in London with a research facility in Cambridge (UK) and further offices in New York and Belgium.
The ‘Benevolent Platform’ is a unique machine intelligence technology system built to mine new knowledge from vast quantities of biomedical data, propose treatments and design drugs to enable its world leading scientists to bring new treatments to patients faster.
We are working on applying tech to real problems, and see real outcomes and the fruits of our labour by working on a meaningful mission. We do our job ‘Because it matters’ and live by the philosophy that unconventional thinking together with purposeful technology can have an impact on humanity.
The working environment is agile and we work in cross functional teams. We encourage a culture of learning, developing and challenging the status quo to foster dynamic, entrepreneurial behaviours, innovation and a ‘fail fast’ mentality.
Alongside all of this we can offer excellent benefits (learn more at https://benevolent.ai/careers/), a global reach and the ability to work with the best talent in the industry.
Please be advised that we will hold and process your Personal Data for continuous recruitment purposes (this is irrespective of your success in this application or not) in line with vital regulatory requirements. Under GDPR/DPA2018, you have the right to be informed, access, restrict, correct or ask us to delete your Personal Data. More details available on our Privacy Notice (https://benevolent.ai/privacy/).