BenevolentAI, founded in 2013, creates and applies AI technologies to transform the way medicines are discovered and developed. BenevolentAI seeks to improve patient’s lives by applying technology designed to generate better data decision making and in doing so lower drug development costs, decrease failure rates and increase the speed at which medicines are generated. The company has developed the Benevolent Platform™ - a discovery platform used by BenevolentAI scientists to find new ways to treat disease and personalise drugs to patients.
BenevolentAI is HQ’d in London with a research facility in Cambridge (UK) and further offices in New York and Antwerp. BenevolentAI has active R&D drug programmes from discovery to PhaseIIb in disease areas such as ALS, Parkinson’s, Ulcerative Colitis and Sarcopenia.
We are looking for Product Managers who are excellent communicators and have a proven track record of working in an agile environment and cross-functional teams. As a Product Manager at BenevolentAI, you will play a key role in managing our AI-driven products and processes, working with world-class engineers and scientists to understand data, derive technical and user requirements and translate them into valuable products. You will play a key role in the planning and refinement of sprints, managing cross-team and third-party dependencies within an agile development environment, and you will be responsible for managing the product backlog.
Our tools use the latest technologies to derive valuable information from the integration of structured data sources and as a Product Manager you will be working closely with engineering and bioinformatics teams to develop our products in that area. The ideal candidate will have detailed technical understanding and the ability to translate user requirements into actionable engineering tasks. Additionally, you are passionate about supporting research activities while ensuring that any improvements are made available to users as fast as possible.
- Identify and prioritise key features that drive both results and user adoption
- Play an instrumental role in managing our data integration products and processes that utilise structured data
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of software engineers, machine learning engineers and scientists and drive delivery
- Collaborate with members of the Drug Discovery, Bioinformatics, Data Science, Engineering, UX and Product teams to deliver BenevolentAI corporate strategic goals
- Play a role in defining and implementing an effective product management process that can scale as the business continues to grow
- Utilise design thinking and user-centric approaches to product development
We’re looking for someone with...
- Minimum BSc in a relevant field (e.g. engineering, computer science, bioinformatics, machine learning). Master’s or PhD preferred
- Previous Product Management experience in a commercial and agile environment – ideally some experience within a product-centric software company
- Deep technical understanding of ETL pipelines, data processing and integration
- Demonstrated experience managing the full life cycle of a product end-to-end
- Ability to prioritise, organise and communicate effectively across diverse teams
- Demonstrated leadership in defining scope, functionality, and refining specification
- Prior involvement or interest in data processing and integration, bioinformatics, genomics, or biology. Experience with AI products and familiarity with the drug development process is a plus
Who are we?
We have assembled a diverse, exceptionally talented and spirited team to tackle the most pressing and challenging problems at the intersection of artificial intelligence and drug discovery. We bring our ideas and passion for new technology and medicine discover to life by questioning traditional scientific dogmas.
Our core values reflect who we are and how we work and they are so important to achieve our mission: Bring better medicine to patients faster.
Put patients first. Drive to delivery. Break boundaries. Own the solution.
Find out more