Director of Business Development
BenevolentAI, founded in 2013, creates and applies AI technologies to transform the way medicines are discovered and developed. BenevolentAI seeks to improve patient’s lives by applying technology designed to generate better data decision making and in doing so lower drug development costs, decrease failure rates and increase the speed at which medicines are generated. The company has developed the Benevolent Platform™ - a discovery platform used by BenevolentAI scientists to find new ways to treat disease and personalise drugs to patients.
BenevolentAI is HQ’d in London with a research facility in Cambridge (UK) and further offices in New York and Antwerp. BenevolentAI has active R&D drug programmes from discovery to PhaseIIb in disease areas such as ALS, Parkinson’s, Ulcerative Colitis and Sarcopenia.
The Director of Business Development will lead and support the SVP of Partnerships for all in-licencing, out-licensing and partnership deals on behalf of BenevolentAI. You will work closely with the senior leadership team and the scientists and technologists to help shape both the company and the way that the industry approaches drug discovery/development transactions. You will be highly proactive and a strategic thinker. You will be diverse in your approach to BD enabling us to gain access into diverse markets
- Responsible for the management of classical in- and out-licensing of pre-clinical and early clinical assets ensuring that deals are structured and innovative, including different types of risk-sharing partnerships and option deals.
- Support the SVP in the way that we innovate the BD function and corp development so that we explore collaborations and partnerships whilst maintaining our IP.
- Responsible for networking and working with the events team to ensure that key members of the company attend relevant business generating events.
- Exploring the partnership relationships and defining best practice models that will work for both parties and yield good investment for Benevolent AI.
- Creating and structuring relevant deals for our business to ensure the success of our products and our business.
We’re looking for someone with...
- Strong deal maker; an experienced Business Development professional from pharma / biotech or the tech sector with a global network or someone prepared to use our contacts to develop this network.
- Must have out licensing experience
- Should build networks in the consulting and investment community and be able to leverage existing relationships.
- High on personal accountability and responsibility.
- Excellent communicator and can collaborate with other teams to deliver a result
- Strong financial acumen coupled with broader business awareness
- Strong project management skills, the ability to completely manage multiple projects and priorities in a timely fashion.
- Strategic vision and the ability to think globally about the future of the business.
- A decisive leader who can collate information and determine the course of action
Who are we?
We have assembled a diverse, exceptionally talented and spirited team to tackle the most pressing and challenging problems at the intersection of artificial intelligence and drug discovery. We bring our ideas and passion for new technology and medicine discover to life by questioning traditional scientific dogmas.
Our core values reflect who we are and how we work and they are so important to achieve our mission: Bring better medicine to patients faster.
Put patients first. Drive to delivery. Break boundaries. Own the solution.
Find out more