Product Designer | biotech & AI
BenevolentAI, founded in 2013, creates and applies AI technologies to transform the way medicines are discovered and developed. BenevolentAI seeks to improve patient’s lives by applying technology designed to generate better data decision making and in doing so lower drug development costs, decrease failure rates and increase the speed at which medicines are generated. The company has developed the Benevolent Platform™ — a discovery platform used by BenevolentAI scientists to find new ways to treat disease and personalise drugs to patients.
BenevolentAI is HQ’d in London with a research facility in Cambridge (UK) and further offices in New York and Antwerp. BenevolentAI has active R&D drug programmes from discovery to Phase IIb in disease areas such as ALS, Parkinson’s, Ulcerative Colitis and Sarcopenia.
BenevolentAI is on a mission to change the way we discover and create new medicines. We’ve built a platform of computational and experimental technologies and processes that can advance the entire drug development process.
We’re now building a product design team that will take our platform to the next level. As a Product Designer, you will start by working in a cross-functional team that develops a product focusing on the identification of promising drug targets. You will address non-trivial user needs such as exploring and understanding vast quantities of mined and inferred biomedical data. In this role, you will cover all aspects of product work ranging from conducting user research and formulating insights, to hands-on UI design and delivering specification for development. You will work closely with drug discoverers, software engineers, data scientists, product managers, and other domain experts who will rely on your insight and design input to improve our products.
- Create, iterate on, and deliver UI and UX design concepts, prototypes, specifications, and assets for use in all stages of product development and maintenance
- Apply user-centred methods to understand and interpret complex requirements and user needs
- Plan, develop, and conduct qualitative and quantitative research informing design evaluation and direction
- Communicate design concepts and rationale to a wide range of stakeholders
We’re looking for someone who...
- Has 4+ years experience in product design focusing on complex projects with a strong technological, science, or data component
- Demonstrates excellent and versatile communication skills catering for various business needs (including negotiating with stakeholders, interviewing users, giving instructions, etc.)
- Has excellent skills in low and high fidelity UX and UI design, prototyping, and design documentation, including proven proficiency in design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Abstract, and Marvel
- Has experience working with software development teams in a cross-functional setting, employing agile and lean practices
- Can write clearly (e.g. microcopy or user instructions)
- Demonstrates ability to present design work and articulate complex concepts to a diverse audience (e.g. engineers, data scientists, bioinformaticians, drug discoverers, product managers, non-technical colleagues).
- Is able to work independently, under time pressure, and towards shifting priorities and requirements
- Has experience working with, adapting, and contributing to a design system
- Demonstrates familiarity with relevant sectors (life sciences, pharma, data science, or healthcare)
Who are we?
We have assembled a diverse, exceptionally talented and spirited team to tackle the most pressing and challenging problems at the intersection of artificial intelligence and drug discovery. We bring our ideas and passion for new technology and medicine discover to life by questioning traditional scientific dogmas.
Our core values reflect who we are and how we work and they are so important to achieve our mission: Bring better medicine to patients faster. Put patients first. Drive to delivery. Break boundaries. Own the solution.
Find out more