BenevolentAI, founded in 2013, creates and applies AI technologies to transform the way medicines are discovered and developed. BenevolentAI seeks to improve patient’s lives by applying technology designed to generate better data decision making and in doing so lower drug development costs, decrease failure rates and increase the speed at which medicines are generated. The company has developed the Benevolent Platform™ - a discovery platform used by BenevolentAI scientists to find new ways to treat disease and personalise drugs to patients.
BenevolentAI is HQ’d in London with a research facility in Cambridge (UK) and further offices in New York and Antwerp. BenevolentAI has active R&D drug programmes from discovery to Phase II in disease areas such as ALS, Parkinson’s, Ulcerative Colitis and Sarcopenia.
As a senior security engineer you will be working closely with the site reliability, application and data management teams on securing company’s cloud infrastructure(AWS), services and datasets. You will be responsible for designing and implementing a company-wide cloud security strategy, providing threat assessments for each AWS environment and identifying risks associated with current operating practices.
You will also drive the remediation of diagnosed vulnerabilities, architect SecOps pipelines and develop threat detection strategies to identify anomalous activities and attacks. Moreover, you will collaborate with data managers in order to design fine-grained technical controls around access to sensitive datasets and ensure their compliance with the regulatory requirements. Other accountabilities include promoting best security practices across all engineering teams, handling security incident response and staying up to date with industry standards.
- Provide security threat assessments and recommendations for AWS cloud environments and data.
- Support the development of security operations for monitoring, testing, audit and regulatory compliance.
- Design, coordinate and oversee the implementation of security testing to verify the security of systems and cloud applications.
- Drive the remediation of identified vulnerabilities.
- Sign off software and infrastructure functionalities from a security perspective and approve them for production.
- Identify security threats by conducting continual monitoring, penetration testing, vulnerability assessments and log analysis.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and organisational standards.
- Conduct internal security audits and manage remediation plans.
- Handle incident response in case of a security breach.
We’re looking for someone with...
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and its key security practices.
- Excellent understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Good understanding of the AWS shared responsibility model, KMS, CloudTrail, CloudWatch and GuardDuty.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related.
- 5+ years experience in a hands-on cloud security role.
- Experience designing, developing and administering the security of cloud environments (AWS, Azure or GCP).
- Extensive knowledge of cloud networking architecture, cloud operations, security, automation and orchestration.
- Knowledge of network protocols, data flows and their vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge of regulatory data requirements in the cloud, aligned with HIPAA, GDPR or other compliance standards.
- Experience with security benchmarks (CIS).
- Familiarity with ISO 9001:2015.
- Familiarity with AWS Cloud Adoption Framework.
- Extensive knowledge of key security practices in access control, application security, network security, security architecture, and security strategy.
- Knowledge of security issues associated with containers, distributed systems, and large-scale web applications.
- Familiarity with Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) Cloud Controls Matrix.
- Experience with programming languages such as Python or Go.
Who are we?
We have assembled a diverse, exceptionally talented and spirited team to tackle the most pressing and challenging problems at the intersection of artificial intelligence and drug discovery. We bring our ideas and passion for new technology and medicine discover to life by questioning traditional scientific dogmas.
Our core values reflect who we are and how we work and they are so important to achieve our mission: Bring better medicine to patients faster.
Put patients first. Drive to delivery. Break boundaries. Own the solution.
Find out more