Drug Discovery Project Manager
BenevolentAI, founded in 2013, creates and applies AI technologies to transform the way medicines are discovered and developed. BenevolentAI seeks to improve patients’ lives by applying technology designed to generate better data decision making and in doing so decrease drug discovery failure rates, lower drug development costs and increase the speed at which medicines are generated. The company has developed the Benevolent Platform™ - a discovery platform used by BenevolentAI scientists to find new ways to treat disease and personalise drugs for patients.
BenevolentAI is HQ’d in London with a research facility in Cambridge (UK) and further offices in New York and Antwerp. BenevolentAI has active R&D drug programmes from discovery to Phase IIb in disease areas such as ALS, Atopic dermatitis, Ulcerative Colitis and Sarcopenia.
We are looking for an experienced and highly creative drug discovery project manager with a background in biological sciences. This individual will make a significant contribution to our technology-enabled drug discovery programmes, across all phases from novel therapeutic target hypothesis generation through to delivery of robust pre-clinical data packages. As a central member of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team of scientists passionate about reinventing the way new medicines are developed, you will bring your deep understanding of drug discovery project management to rapidly move projects into clinical evaluation. Based either at our Central London HQ in the heart of the Knowledge Quarter, or at the Babraham Research Campus in Cambridge (UK), you will work closely with experts in artificial intelligence, deep learning, informatics, biological sciences, drug discovery and clinical translation/commercialisation to devise creative ways to reimagine the way medicines are discovered.
- Using your scientific insight and project management experience, support and track a portfolio of pre-clinical drug discovery projects to enable rapid, efficient and transparent project advancement
- Working very closely with internal project teams, biotechs, universities and external CROs, define project needs and generate plans to facilitate the delivery of BAI’s scientific drug discovery goals
- Identification and implementation of opportunities to improve efficiency at both the individual project and portfolio level, in areas including scheduling, collaboration, data management, logistics and reporting
- Working with R&D leadership to help track the performance of our portfolio including budgetary and scientific status. You will work closely with scientists and other experts based at our London & Cambridge research sites.
We’re looking for someone with…
- A PhD level qualification or equivalent experience in a biological sciences discipline
- Formal project management training (eg PRINCE2, APM, RPP-type), with excellent attention to detail, organisational and stakeholder management skills
- Strong science background and direct experience of managing complex scientific projects involving multiple groups, ideally across different locations
- Prior experience of working with and providing support to a range of scientists and project teams in a Pharma, Biotech or CRO environment across areas including biological target identification, assay development/ screening, drug molecule optimisation, clinical candidate data package compilation or similar.
- Wide experience of dealing with a range of scientific collaborators and suppliers through different types of agreements including research collaborations, fee for service, MSA set-up and strategic relationships
- Highly proactive in identifying solutions to issues and predicting where opportunities for improving processes may arise in the future
- Excellent relationship building skills to quickly understand the needs of all internal and external teams and collaborators
- Experienced user of a range of computational applications for project and data tracking eg. MS Project, Smartsheet, Asana, Aha! and other data/finance tracking tools
- Strong communication skills - able to communicate with both technical and non-technical people to understand their needs and agree strategies and plans
Who are we?
We have assembled a diverse, exceptionally talented and spirited team to tackle the most pressing and challenging problems at the intersection of artificial intelligence and drug discovery. We bring our ideas and passion for new technology and medicines discovery to life by questioning traditional scientific dogmas.
Our core values reflect who we are and how we work and they are so important to achieve our mission: Bring better medicine to patients faster.
Put patients first. Drive to delivery. Break boundaries. Own the solution.
Find out more