BenevolentAI, founded in 2013, creates and applies AI technologies to transform the way medicines are discovered and developed. BenevolentAI seeks to improve patient’s lives by applying technology designed to generate better data decision making and in doing so lower drug development costs, decrease failure rates and increase the speed at which medicines are generated. The company has developed the Benevolent Platform™ - a discovery platform used by BenevolentAI scientists to find new ways to treat disease and personalise drugs to patients.
BenevolentAI is HQ’d in London with a research facility in Cambridge (UK) and further offices in New York and Antwerp. BenevolentAI has active R&D drug programmes from discovery to PhaseIIb in disease areas such as ALS, Parkinson’s, Ulcerative Colitis and Sarcopenia.
We are seeking research engineers at all levels of experience to join our Precision Medicine team in London to work closely with AI scientists and bioinformaticians in the application of machine learning to biomedical data. You will apply your machine learning knowledge and engineering rigour to develop and execute a research agenda around the core problems we work on at BenevolentAI - scientific discovery from structured and unstructured data sources.
- Engineering support for precision medicine research projects
- Development and evaluation of learning algorithms, creating prototypes and developing them into reusable analytical tools
- Provide broader technical leadership to the team’s approach to tackling its research problems
We’re looking for someone with...
- A BSc/BEng in computer science or a related field (MSc/MEng preferred) or equivalent commercial experience
- Strong programming skills
- A problem-solving mindset with an agnostic approach to languages and technology
- Experience of building machine learning experiments using tools such as Pandas, Scikit-learn, Tensorflow, PyTorch, etc.
- Familiarity with agile development processes is a plus
- Ability to clearly communicate complex ideas to colleagues working in different domains
Who are we?
We have assembled a diverse, exceptionally talented and spirited team to tackle the most pressing and challenging problems at the intersection of artificial intelligence and drug discovery. We bring our ideas and passion for new technology and medicine discover to life by questioning traditional scientific dogmas.
Our core values reflect who we are and how we work and they are so important to achieve our mission: Bring better medicine to patients faster.
Put patients first. Drive to delivery. Break boundaries. Own the solution.
Find out more