BenevolentAI, founded in 2013, creates and applies AI technologies to transform the way medicines are discovered and developed. BenevolentAI seeks to improve patient’s lives by applying technology designed to generate better data decision making and in doing so lower drug development costs, decrease failure rates and increase the speed at which medicines are generated. The company has developed the Benevolent Platform™ - a discovery platform used by BenevolentAI scientists to find new ways to treat disease and personalise drugs to patients.
BenevolentAI is HQ’d in London with a research facility in Cambridge (UK) and further offices in New York and Antwerp. BenevolentAI has active R&D drug programmes from discovery to Phase II in disease areas such as ALS, Parkinson’s, Ulcerative Colitis and Sarcopenia.
We are seeking an AI Scientist / Machine Learning Researcher with a record of excellence in empirical research in the application of machine learning and artificial intelligence to biomedical data to join the Precision Medicine team in our London office. You will be responsible for developing and executing a research agenda around the core problems we work on at BenevolentAI - scientific discovery from structured and unstructured data sources.
We have a particular focus on Precision Medicine. In particular, deriving and applying more precise definitions of disease, and discovering medicines tailored to patients in those groups. We derive endotype descriptions from multi-modal data, predict biomarkers to describe them and drug targets to treat them.
- You will bring expertise in the development and application of machine learning algorithms to Benevolent’s precision medicine products.
- You will work as a member of a cross-functional team comprising specialists in informatics, engineering, AI, drug discovery and product. In these teams, you will apply the latest advances in machine learning to drug discovery and development.
- You will define the analytical and technical problems in delivering precision medicine to develop new solutions within your team, influence an empirical approach across the company and be part of collaborative teams with external partners.
We’re looking for someone with...
- An advanced degree (a PhD) in computer science or a related field with a clear focus on empirical research.
- Experience with relevant research applying modern machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques to biological data (e.g., genomics, transcriptomics, epigenomics, proteomics, etc.) or clinical data (e.g., electronic health records).
- Knowledge of modern tools for ML such as Tensorflow, Theano, PyTorch etc.
- Experience building research prototypes and developing product-worthy tools from them.
Who are we?
We have assembled a diverse, exceptionally talented and spirited team to tackle the most pressing and challenging problems at the intersection of artificial intelligence and drug discovery. We bring our ideas and passion for new technology and medicine discover to life by questioning traditional scientific dogmas.
Our core values reflect who we are and how we work and they are so important to achieve our mission: Bring better medicine to patients faster.
Put patients first. Drive to delivery. Break boundaries. Own the solution.Find out more