Precision Medicine Scientist
Precision Medicine Scientist
BenevolentAI, founded in 2013, creates and applies AI technologies to transform the way medicines are discovered and developed. BenevolentAI seeks to improve patient’s lives by applying technology designed to generate better data decision making and in doing so lower drug development costs, decrease failure rates and increase the speed at which medicines are generated. The company has developed the Benevolent Platform™ - a discovery platform used by BenevolentAI scientists to find new ways to treat disease and personalise drugs to patients.
BenevolentAI is HQ’d in London with a research facility in Cambridge (UK) and further offices in New York and Antwerp. BenevolentAI has active R&D drug programmes from discovery to PhaseIIb in disease areas such as ALS, Parkinson’s, Ulcerative Colitis and Sarcopenia.
For the role of Precision Medicine Scientist, you are someone with a passion for applying insights from clinical data to impact drug discovery and clinical development programmes at BenevolentAI. With experience in at least one of observational cohorts, clinical trials or electronic health records, you are someone who thrives in a multidisciplinary team working at the intersection of biology, data science ,drug discovery, based in central London’s knowledge quarter. Applying your experience in human biology, you will be responsible for interpreting the output of machine learning analyses in order to form hypotheses about the causes of disease that can be tested in the lab or the clinic. You will formulate biological questions raised by our drug discovery programmes that can be addressed by machine learning and data science, and work with colleagues to answer them.
We have a particular focus on Precision Medicine. In particular, deriving and applying more precise definitions of disease, and discovering medicines tailored to patients in those groups. We derive endotype descriptions from multi-modal data and predict biomarkers to describe them and drug targets to treat them.
- You will bring expertise in the analysis and interpretation of clinical datasets to Benevolent’s precision medicine products.
- You will work as a member of a cross-functional team comprising specialists in informatics, engineering, AI, drug discovery and product). In these teams, you will apply the latest advances in machine learning to drug discovery and development.
- You will define the scientific and technical problems in delivering precision medicine to develop new solutions within your team, influence a precision medicine approach across the company and be part of collaborative teams with external partners.
- You will drive an approach of ‘clinic first’ to define unmet medical need in patient-level data and match targets that address that need to existing or new therapeutic agents.
We’re looking for someone with...
- A PhD in biology, pharmacology, epidemiology or related field of research.
- At least one first author publication or equivalent in the fields of biology, drug discovery or epidemiology.
- Experience handling, analysing and interpreting findings from patient-level data, including at least one of observational or interventional cohorts, clinical trials or real-world data.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to influence at all levels and across departments.
- ‘Intellectual courage’ which enables collaboration with experts in fields other than your own.
Who are we?
We have assembled a diverse, exceptionally talented and spirited team to tackle the most pressing and challenging problems at the intersection of artificial intelligence and drug discovery. We bring our ideas and passion for new technology and medicine discover to life by questioning traditional scientific dogmas.
Our core values reflect who we are and how we work and they are so important to achieve our mission: Bring better medicine to patients faster.
Put patients first. Drive to delivery. Break boundaries. Own the solution.
Find out more