Translational Medicine Scientist
Translational Medicine Scientist
BenevolentAI, founded in 2013, creates and applies AI technologies to transform the way medicines are discovered and developed. BenevolentAI seeks to improve patient’s lives by applying technology designed to generate better data decision making and in doing so lower drug development costs, decrease failure rates and increase the speed at which medicines are generated. The company has developed the Benevolent Platform™ - a discovery platform used by BenevolentAI scientists to find new ways to treat disease and personalise drugs to patients.
BenevolentAI is HQ’d in London with a research facility in Cambridge (UK) and further offices in New York and Antwerp. BenevolentAI has active R&D drug programmes from discovery to PhaseIIb in disease areas such as ALS, Parkinson’s, Ulcerative Colitis and Sarcopenia.
You are biomedical scientist with a passion for applying insights from human ‘omics data analysis to impact drug discovery and clinical development programmes at BenevolentAI. With translational experience in at one or more ‘omic modalities (e.g. genomics, epigenomics, transcriptomics, proteomics), you are somebody who thrives in a multidisciplinary team working at the intersection of biology, data science and drug discovery, based in central London’s knowledge quarter.
We have a particular focus on Precision Medicine. In particular, deriving and applying more precise definitions of disease, and discovering medicines tailored to patients in those groups. We derive endotype descriptions from multi-modal data and predict biomarkers to describe them and drug targets to treat them.
- You will bring expertise in the analysis and interpretation of ‘omics data (transcriptomics, epigenomics or proteomics) to Benevolent’s precision medicine products.
- You will work as a member of a cross-functional team comprising specialists in informatics, engineering, AI, drug discovery and product). In these teams, you will apply the latest advances in machine learning to drug discovery and development.
- You will define the scientific and technical problems in delivering precision medicine to develop new solutions within your team, influence a precision medicine approach across the company and be part of collaborative teams with external partners.
- You will drive an approach of ‘clinic first’ to define unmet medical need in patient-level data and match targets that address that need to existing or new therapeutic agents.
We’re looking for someone with...
- A PhD in biology, pharmacology or related field of research.
- At least one first author publication or equivalent in the fields of biology, drug discovery or bioinformatics.
- Experience handling, analysing and interpreting large-scale ‘omics datasets, including genome-wide transcriptomics.
- Drive to deliver at the cross-section of technology and drug discovery
- A commitment to an empirical approach to therapeutic development.
- Creative thinking which enables you to find solutions from cross-disciplinary fields.
- A keen interest in using ‘omics data to answer translatable scientific questions.
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written, with the ability to influence at all levels and across departments.
Who are we?
We have assembled a diverse, exceptionally talented and spirited team to tackle the most pressing and challenging problems at the intersection of artificial intelligence and drug discovery. We bring our ideas and passion for new technology and medicine discover to life by questioning traditional scientific dogmas.
Our core values reflect who we are and how we work and they are so important to achieve our mission: Bring better medicine to patients faster.
Put patients first. Drive to delivery. Break boundaries. Own the solution.
Find out more